Retrospective: Value Tree
Retrospective: Value Tree
A step-by-step facilitation guide and templates for virtual delivery.
This is a facilitation guide for running a retrospective technique "Value Tree" with a Miro template.
The goal of this retrospective is to align your team’s values and characteristics with the values and characteristics of high-performing teams.
This follows along the retrospective techniques you can find in the Retrospective Poker cards and the Retrospectives: A Scrum Master's Guide book in a new easy-to-use format, recent updates, and includes templates for virtual delivery.
Why you should use itThis facilitation guide is a great addition to your Scrum Master's toolbox.
It gives you all the tools you need to run an awesome retrospective event with minimal preparation and little stress. Not only it makes your retrospective more fun and engaging, but it also focuses on improvements and action items. No more boring retrospectives that bring zero results!
And it is ready for remote facilitation with handy Miro templates.
It can also be a great way to help your team run their own retrospectives while you are on vacation, for example.
Who it is for
This technique was initially created for coaching agile teams on the values of agile development. It is also a great tool to realign your team on the values and define areas of improvement to achieve higher performance in the long term.
This retrospective is an opportunity for the team to look closer in the ways they are working through the lens of a high-performing agile team. It can help some teams understand better what you are trying to achieve as a Scrum Master of their team and adjust their behaviors to be more agile.
What's includedThe facilitation guide includes all the key information in order to get the best results out of this retrospective technique:
- Overview of steps. A quick reminder of the key steps to take that you can easily follow.
- Preparation guide. Additional explanation about when to use this technique to get the best results, as well as a whiteboard setup.
- Virtual board template. A ready-to-use template you can copy and paste into your own Miro account for quick facilitation.
- Step-by-step instructions. Clear instructions will guide you through the session even if you never run a retrospective before.
- Speaking cues. To make sure your team understands various aspects of each technique, explanation examples are given for each step of your retrospective.
- Format variations. The facilitation guide gives you additional ideas on how you can modify this technique. It makes it easily reusable Sprint after Sprint.
- Facilitator's notes. Notes based on real-life challenges and situations are added to help you make your retrospective technique a success!
What you will get in the package
- 12-page downloadable PDF.
- Miro template ready for virtual delivery. Just copy-and-paste the content in your own Miro board and invite your team members to join.
Get your guides and templates immediately after completing the purchase. Download the files - and you are ready to go!
Buy the guide or template once and receive all future updates of this product automatically. Even if the price increases, you don't pay a peny for updates.