Retrospective: Question Time
Retrospective: Question Time
A step-by-step facilitation guide and templates for virtual delivery.
This is a facilitation guide for running a retrospective technique "Question Time" with a Miro template.
The goal of this retrospective is to allow each team member to ask open questions to each other and to you.
This follows along the retrospective techniques you can find in the Retrospective Poker cards and the Retrospectives: A Scrum Master's Guide book in a new easy-to-use format, recent updates, and includes templates for virtual delivery.
Why you should use itThis facilitation guide is a great addition to your Scrum Master's toolbox.
It gives you all the tools you need to run an awesome retrospective event with minimal preparation and little stress. Not only it makes your retrospective more fun and engaging, but it also focuses on improvements and action items. No more boring retrospectives that bring zero results!
And it is ready for remote facilitation with handy Miro templates.
It can also be a great way to help your team run their own retrospectives while you are on vacation, for example.
Who it is forThis technique can help you level out conversations and let everyone on the team speak up and share their opinion. This technique might yield unexpected results with unexpected questions and answers. It is especially good when the team has a different level of participation and when everyone seems to have an idea but is having a hard time getting it out.
This technique is better performed in a team with no or little conflicts because some team members might want to ask questions directed at each other. That is why strong facilitation is required. The teams also get excited about being able to ask questions to their Scrum Master which gives you an opportunity to share your opinions openly.
What's includedThe facilitation guide includes all the key information in order to get the best results out of this retrospective technique:
- Overview of steps. A quick reminder of the key steps to take that you can easily follow.
- Preparation guide. Additional explanation about when to use this technique to get the best results, as well as a whiteboard setup.
- Virtual board template. A ready-to-use template you can copy and paste into your own Miro account for quick facilitation.
- Step-by-step instructions. Clear instructions will guide you through the session even if you never run a retrospective before.
- Speaking cues. To make sure your team understands various aspects of each technique, explanation examples are given for each step of your retrospective.
- Format variations. The facilitation guide gives you additional ideas on how you can modify this technique. It makes it easily reusable Sprint after Sprint.
- Facilitator's notes. Notes based on real-life challenges and situations are added to help you make your retrospective technique a success!
What you will get in the package
- 12-page downloadable PDF.
- Miro template ready for virtual delivery. Just copy-and-paste the content in your own Miro board and invite your team members to join.
Get your guides and templates immediately after completing the purchase. Download the files - and you are ready to go!
Buy the guide or template once and receive all future updates of this product automatically. Even if the price increases, you don't pay a peny for updates.