Retrospective: Events Timeline
Retrospective: Events Timeline
A step-by-step facilitation guide and templates for virtual delivery.
This is a facilitation guide for running a retrospective technique "Events Timeline" with a Miro template.
The goal of this retrospective is to review the last sprint timeline and analyze how events impacted the team’s work.
This follows along the retrospective techniques you can find in the Retrospective Poker cards and the Retrospectives: A Scrum Master's Guide book in a new easy-to-use format, most recent updates (June 2022) and includes templates for virtual delivery (Miro board, PPT file, images).
Why you should use it
This facilitation guide is a great addition to your Scrum Master's toolbox.
It gives you all the tools you need to run an awesome retrospective event with minimal preparation and little stress. Not only it makes your retrospective more fun and engaging, but it also focuses on improvements and action items. No more boring retrospectives that bring zero results!
And it is ready for remote facilitation with handy Miro templates.
It can also be a great way to help your team run their own retrospectives while you are on vacation, for example.
Who it is for
This technique will work great with a team that has been working together for a couple of Sprints and can also be applied on longer periods of time, such as a release.
This technique is a great way to look back at your Sprint or longer periods of time and analyze the most important events that happened and how they impacted the team's progress.
It can also be used to create alignment between two or more teams who are working together on the same goals.
What's includedThe facilitation guide includes all the key information in order to get the best results out of this retrospective technique:
- Overview of steps. A quick reminder of the key steps to take that you can easily follow.
- Preparation guide. Additional explanation about when to use this technique to get the best results, as well as a whiteboard setup.
- Virtual board template. A ready-to-use template you can copy and paste into your own Miro account for quick facilitation.
- Step-by-step instructions. Clear instructions will guide you through the session even if you never run a retrospective before.
- Speaking cues. To make sure your team understands various aspects of each technique, explanation examples are given for each step of your retrospective.
- Format variations. The facilitation guide gives you additional ideas on how you can modify this technique. It makes it easily reusable Sprint after Sprint.
- Facilitator's notes. Notes based on real-life challenges and situations are added to help you make your retrospective technique a success!
What you will get in the package
21-page downloadable PDF.
- Miro template ready for virtual delivery. Just copy-and-paste it into your own Miro account and invite your team members to join.
- 5 images of the slides to be used in any other tool if needed.
7 pages PPT presentation guiding the retrospective.
Get your guides and templates immediately after completing the purchase. Download the files - and you are ready to go!
Buy the guide or template once and receive all future updates of this product automatically. Even if the price increases, you don't pay a peny for updates.